Thursday, June 30, 2011

SSIS to Sybase OLEDB connection error [IM002]. [Native Code: 30136]

Hi, I was getting that nasty error message, although you could test the OLEDB connection from the Sybase “data source configuration” and gets a success notification!!
[IM002]
[Native Code: 30136]
[ASEOLEDB]Data source not found and no default driver specified
 
I also made sure that the OLEDB connection are there and configured well under 32 BIT and 64BIT, and the Sybase “data source configuration”  gives a success message when I test them.
 

So I thought the error is relevant to SSIS and it’s permuissions, not the Sybase, I started investigating the service account that SSIS is running under and if it got access to the C:\Sybase\DataAccess64\OLEDB\DataSources


As Sybase ASE 15.5 was installed on my root drive C:\ and I’m using win & 64 BIT.
I'd the same setup and configuration working on a vista 64 bit, but found other posts online about the driver and it is working well on windows 7.
The full error message is:
 

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

Error at LookupMedFrequency [Connection manager "CareCast"]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E19.
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "ASEOLEDB"  Hresult: 0x80040E19  Description: "[IM002]
[Native Code: 30136]
[ASEOLEDB]Data source not found and no default driver specified".

Error at Data Flow Task [SSISERVisits [5801]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "CareCast" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.


------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC020801C (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)
I also couldn’t find much about the error online, all what I found was couple of posts here :

and here:

I even opened a new forum post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlintegrationservices/thread/1798b64e-e02a-4234-ac09-5cba38eaae29

Solution:
I found out that the 3 connections that I created was created only under “DataAccess64\OLEDB\DataSources\”   and wasn’t created under the “DataAccess\OLEDB\DataSources\”    So I just copied the 3 files and the problem solved!!!
 

Hope that helps someone one day ...